This is a rather weak Celeron, and in most cases the Atom-based players will do just fine, but there is a noticeable difference here between the Celeron and the Atom - and we think the Celeron is clearly the better choice. Not to mention it's far more closer to an Enterprise-quality build than the compute-sticks which are more consumer oriented.
Please note that these come in MANY different specifications, the one we tested was the one with a Celeron 3215U cpu, which is a dualcore model without Hyperthreading, and running at 1.7 GHz
- More powerful than the Atom-based sticks and mini-pcs
- Really well built - should have a long lifetime and endure more stress than the sticks would
- Has Displayport support if you need it, aswell as HDMI.
- 50-60% more expensive that the sticks
- Larger and heavier than the sticks
- Comes in a big box with a keyboard and mouse you often won't need and simply throw away