You should decide soon - the free upgrade to Windows 10 ends on July 26th 2016, in about 6 months. If you want to upgrade, you should start preparing now.
- It might make sense to have all (or os many as possible) of your players on the same Operating System
- Think long-term - we have users with hardware deployed in 2009, running Windows XP. The players are still working fine, but Windows XP hasn't been supported with security updates since April 2014. These players might still work for 5+ years or more. Windows 7 will not recieve security updates from 2020, about 4 years time. Most of your existing players will still be working fine by then. You can find more information on End-Of-Life Support from Microsoft here:
- Going forward, we will develop our software for Windows 10 being the default. However unlikely, you might miss out of some features if you stay on Windows 7 / 8.
- Your existing players will work just fine, you will not notice any immediate improvements
- Windows 10 will download more data such as Windows Updates etc compared to 7/8, this might drain your quotas if you are using capped 3G modems etc with 1GB /month plans